Based in Mid-City New Orleans, MiNO Marine is a full service Naval Architecture firm backed by the solid credentials of its two principals, David M. Bourg, Ph.D. and Kenneth F. Humphreys, P.E.
Our services include everything from concept design to full production drawing packages and project management. We specialize in Liftboat design having recently performed the full design and production engineering for the 335’ Class Liftboat L/B Robert (delivered in 2012), which is an evolution of our earlier 235’ Class design (the L/B Paul and L/B Caitlin). Aside from Liftboats we work with a variety of offshore work vessels including semi-submersibles. Additionally, we have experience in military applications as well as Government sponsored R&D projects.
At MiNO we perform all traditional Naval Architecture functions including Marine Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Vessel concept design
- Specifications development and review
- Hull form design and modeling
- General arrangement plan development
- Hydrostatics, floatation and stability & loading analyses
- Weight analysis and weight control/management support
- Incline experiment planning, execution, and results analysis
- Speed & power analyses including Range & Endurance analyses
- Structural analysis including finite element analysis
- Seakeeping studies
- Design optimization studies
- Computation Fluid Dynamics
- Model test planning, support and results analysis
- Construction drawing, lofting, and nesting (using ShipConstructor)
- Electric load analysis, vibration analysis, and other marine engineering analyses including HVAC and piping analysis
- Market studies, database development, data analysis and forecasting
- Feasibility studies & trade studies
- Research and development support and planning
- Technical writing, and presentation preparation and delivery
- Proposal management including writing and technical support
- Design review, and proposal “Red Team” review
- 3D modeling, rendering, and animation
- Forensic studies and cross analysis
- Expert witness
- Proposal writing and review
- Product simulation/visualization services
- 3rd party review and design verification studies
- Vessel operations support including maintenance planning and regulatory compliance
For information on hiring us for your project, contact us by phone at 504.218.8162 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For employment opportunities, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.